As the New Year rolls in, we like to reflect on the accomplishments of the past year, as well as prioritize our goals and implement strategic planning for the new year. In revisiting our core values, we’re always inspired by the legendary basketball coach John Wooden, who had 620 wins during his career as UCLA coach, including 10 national championships over 27-years. He coached legends, such as Bill Walton and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Here are a few of our favorite “Woodenisms”:
- “It isn’t what you do, but how you do it.”
- “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”
- “If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.”
- “It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.”
- “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.”
- “Listen if you want to be heard”
- “Be quick, but don’t hurry.”
- “To win once you must have talent, but to win again you must have character.”
So how do John Wooden Quotes and Parking Equipment & Parking Systems align? Surprisingly well. Employees, from front line personnel to support and service technicians to developers, relate to Wooden’s straightforward approach. Managers like Wooden, whose attention to detail, such as how he demonstrated to each player how to properly put on socks and tie their basketball shoes proved no detail was too small.
Cheers to a Healthy, Happy New Year! From Parking BOXX